OpenShift Resource Grants Program Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: November 16, 2018.
These OpenShift Resource Grants Program Terms & Conditions (these "Terms") govern your participation in the OpenShift Resource Grants Program (the "Program") and are in addition to the OpenShift® Online Services Agreement found at https://www.openshift.com/legal/terms/ (the "Agreement") between Red Hat, Inc. and its affiliates ("Red Hat") and you or the company or entity you represent ("you") in connection with your use of the Services. Capitalized terms will have the meaning specified in the Agreement. These Terms take effect when you agree to the Terms or first receive any Program benefits. If you are an individual acting on your own behalf, you represent to us that you are lawfully able to enter into contracts, and if you are entering into these Terms for a company or entity, such as the company you work for, you represent to us that you have legal authority to bind that company or entity.
- Details about the Program
- Participating in the Program. To participate in the benefits of this Program, you must represent a non-profit organization or open source project, accept or execute the Agreement and these Terms, submit a complete Program application through https://www.openshift.com/community/programs/grants/ (the "Program Site"), and be accepted by Red Hat into the Program. Red Hat may accept or reject any Program application, in its sole discretion, and submitting an application may not result in acceptance. For the avoidance of doubt, participation in this Program does not authorize you to resell or sublicense our services.
- Program Benefits. If you are accepted into the Program, you may receive certain benefits from time-to-time as determined in Red Hat’s sole discretion and as described on the Program Site. To the extent Red Hat offers additional benefits, additional terms may apply. All Program benefits you receive are personal to you (i.e., you individually if you are acting on your own behalf, or the company or entity you represent). You may not sell, license, rent, or otherwise transfer any Program benefits.
- Contact with you. We will from time to time seek information from you regarding your participation in the Program or Red Hat products and services, including invitations to participate in surveys and research opportunities, promotional offers, and other information in connection with this Program or your use of Red Hat Services.
- Program Changes. We may change or discontinue the Program or any aspect of it, including these Terms (as set forth in Section 3) at any time in our sole discretion (with or without prior notice to you), including without limitation, changing or discontinuing any benefits offered under the Program. We may update the Program Site or send you an email using the email address provided to us in your application for the Program to reflect any changes to the Program. Unless we state otherwise, any changes to the Program will become effective at the time we update the Program Site with the change, or if we send you an email, as stated in the email message.
- Fees. There is no initial fee to participate in the Program. Participation in certain optional Program benefits may require fees, which will be posted on the Program Site. You agree to pay such fees if you participate in those Program benefits. All fees paid to Red Hat in connection with the Program will be non-refundable, including without limitation, if your participation in the Program is terminated for any reason by you or us. You will be required to submit a credit card when you enter the Program. All use of Red Hat Services beyond the scope or after expiration of any Program benefits, including without limitation all use exceeding the limits of any Program benefits, will be subject to the standard fees applicable to such Red Hat services.
- Publicity and Marketing
In exchange for the benefits provided under the Program, we may list your company name, website, and/or other general contact information in a Program directory, in other similar resources, or on our website. You hereby grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use your name, website, general contact information and any trademark, service mark, trade name, other proprietary logo or insignia, URL, domain name, or other source or business identifier that you provide to us and any other content that you provide to us in connection with the Program (collectively, "Your Materials") solely in connection with this Program. We may make reasonable changes or alterations to Your Materials in order to accommodate look and feel.
We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Program Site or sending you an email using the email address provided to us in your application for the Program. The modified terms will become effective upon posting or, if we notify you by email, as stated in the email message. By continuing your participation in the Program after the effective date of any modifications to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. It is your responsibility to check the Program Site regularly for modifications to these Terms. We last modified these Terms on the date listed at the beginning of these Terms.
Either you or we may terminate your participation in the Program at any time, by giving the other party notice of termination. If your participation in the Program is terminated for any reason: you will immediately cease use of all Program benefits; and you will no longer identify yourself or hold yourself out as a Program participant. In addition, in connection with such termination all licenses granted by you or us arising from your participation in the Program will terminate, provided that Red Hat will have reasonable time to remove Your Materials from the Program Site and will not be required to remove any of Your Materials from any documentation outside the Program Site.